Friday, May 16, 2014

A Work in Progres. . .

I'm trying this week to seize opportunities to talk about spiritual things.  From Patch the Pirate Bible songs in the car to jumping on those teaching moments with not "just because I said so" but "because God said so" and here is the verse to back it up; it's been amazing to see how God has provided the moments.  Even my 3 year old is picking up verses and concepts and my 12 year old is starting to see how certain attitudes are really just pride and selfishness, otherwise known as S I N.  We're not perfect but I can see us growing and that's really encouraging.

Today, I started memorizing Proverbs.  I'm noticing in the first seven verses, Solomon's eager attitude toward learning.  I knew that its healthy to have a good attitude toward learning but I hadn't realized the Biblical principal in play.  I'm eager to share that with the kids in the days to come. 

God is teaching me so much through this study, and it really amazes me that I'm 37 before I realize the Bible was really everything I need to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment