Saturday, May 10, 2014

Everything I Need to Know

Recently my family has begun studying the Westminster Confession of Faith.  I,6 says "The whole counsel of God concerning all things necessary for his own glory, man's salvation, faith and life is either expressly set down in Scripture or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture. . ."  (Westminster Confession of Faith for Study Classes G.L.Williamson) I began meditating on this juicy thought.  I have a copy of the Scripture. God's exact words to mean with all the instruction I need for life.  WOW!  What a thought!'

So, I proceeded to live the next day exactly the same as before.  I continued struggling with different parenting situations and praying for God to please give me wisdom AND consulting all the parenting resources I could find.  It took a couple of days for me to realize - I already had EVERYTHING I NEED in the Scriptures.  EVERYTHING I need for salvation and EVERYTHING I need for life.

So I'm challenging myself to go to the source.  I believe God answered that prayer for wisdom by pointing my stubborn self back to the Bible.  So I thought, I'll get a notebook or open a file on my computer and began listing the things He teaches me.  Then I thought, I'll start a blog.  This way you can hold me accountable for studying His Word and perhaps share some tidbits also.  And I can share what God is teaching me and maybe encourage someone else as well. 

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV)
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. 


Day 1 - Begin searching for knowledge in the only true source.

No comments:

Post a Comment